The term ‘Oficina’ (referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our” throughout the Site) refers to the owner and operator of this Site whose registered office is located in The Netherlands at Jan van Galenstraat 147H, 1056BN, Amsterdam. Our Chamber of Commerce (KVK) number is 77396901.
This page tells you the terms (“Terms of Service”, “Terms and Conditions”, “Terms”) by which you may make use of this website (“Site”). Please read these Terms of Service carefully before you start to use our Site. By visiting our Site and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following Terms of Service, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not use this Site.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our Site. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Site following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you confirm that you are at an age that is legally permitted to access this Site based on the jurisdiction of your residence, or that you have given consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
Questions about these Terms of Service should be sent to us at email@example.com.
“Materials” means all materials, including text, posts, replies, comments, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, logos, information, data and graphics. You must not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any part of the Materials on the Site for commercial or business purposes without obtaining permission from us. With the exception of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Materials owned by a third party, we are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Site, such rights being protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
For purposes of these Terms of Service, “co-branding” means displaying a name, logo, trademark, tradename or other means of attribution or identification of any party in such a manner as to reasonably give a user the impression that such other party has the right to display, publish, or distribute this Site or content accessible through this Site. You may not use this Site for any other purposes, including commercial purposes such as co-branding, framing, or hyperlinks, without the express prior written permission of an authorized representative of Oficina. If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Materials on this Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this Site is at your own risk.
This Site may reference certain historical information, such as in research for a project. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this Site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our Site.
We respect your right to privacy. Your personal information is used exclusively by Oficina to process your online order or to be added to our mailing list if you choose. Read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we handle it.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace parts of this policy at any time. It is subject to change without notice, in order to reflect changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. A revised version is indicated by the “Last updated” date at the top of the page. The updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
When we use the term “personal information”, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. Personal information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Email address for newsletter subscription. We use your email address if you have voluntarily subscribed or if you have made a purchase in our shop. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send. However, if you unsubscribe, we may still need to communicate with you — for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary to respond to service requests or for other non-marketing purposes.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e. legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests. The legal grounds that apply to our data processing that are contained within the GDPR:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we process your personal information to send information about special offers and discounts on our products and services.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. Not providing this information may prevent you from using our Site and accessing our online shop.
To provide our Services, we collect personal information about you, as set out below. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us. In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
- Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’), and hardware settings). This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information).
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- Email newsletters. This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders. This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Site preferences. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
We may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services, such as MailChimp, WordPress, and Shopify.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as cookies.
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process your payments, fulfill your orders, to send notifications to you related to you account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
Disclosing Your Personal Information:
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies. We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your Member State data protection authority or UK data protection authority. If you are located in Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt out of Sale or Sharing or Targeted Advertising. You may have a right to direct us not to “sell” or “share” your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be “targeted advertising”, as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site. Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent. We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please let us know. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
Note to Non-EU Users:
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if we have made them available to you on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside the country you live in. Your personal information is also processed by staff and third party service providers and partners in these countries.
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms like the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or any equivalent contracts issued by the relevant competent authorities, unless the data transfer is to a country that has been determined to provide an adequate level of protection.
All of our goods are packed by our small team in Amsterdam. Please be patient with us if we aren’t able to ship your items or respond to your questions right away.
All products are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee that items will always be in stock. We reserve the right to discontinue any products at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or Services that we offer. If we are unable to supply the chosen products, or the price shown on the Site is not correct, we have the right to cancel your order.
We make every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours, features, specifications, and details of the products available in our shop. However, we do not guarantee that the colours, features, specifications, and details of the products will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, or free of other errors, and your electronic display may not accurately reflect the actual colours and details of the products.
While we take reasonable care in the sourcing and packaging of our products, which should reach you materially as described on the Site, there may be minor variations due to factors beyond our reasonable control.
We warrant that on delivery the products shall conform in all material respects with their description on the Site.
We reserve the right to refuse Service to anyone for any reason at any time. We may reject orders at our absolute discretion, but normally for good reason.
We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same payment method, and/or orders that use the same billing or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You confirm that the details you provide to us in respect the credit/debit card or payment method being used are yours and that all details are complete, current and accurate. You further confirm that the credit/debit card is valid. If during validation or authorisation checks performed by the card issuer or payment method provider the payment method is refused we will not accept your order, nor are we obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal. We are not responsible for any amounts which may be applied by your card issuer or bank or payment method provider as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment or other method of payment in accordance with your order.
If your credit/debit card or payment method is not denominated in the currency indicated in your order, the final price is calculated and charged by your card issuer or bank or payment method provider and therefore we shall not be responsible for any cost, expense, charge or other liability which may be incurred or suffered by you.
Occasionally there may be information on our Site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. In the event that an Oficina product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that at the incorrect price, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. We also reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Services at any time, without prior notice.
Products purchased are for personal or gift use and should not be used for business or commercial use, re-sold or any other commercial benefit. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the Site or its content: (1) for any unlawful purpose; (2) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (3) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (4) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (5) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (6) to submit false or misleading information; (7) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (8) to collect or track the personal information of others; (9) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (10) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (11) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Through this Site you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of nor affiliated with Oficina. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, accessibility, or practices of any linked website(s) or Service(s). We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or Services of third parties. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators .
Please review carefully the third party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage with them. If you decide to leave our Site and access the third party websites or to use any third party content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms of Service no longer govern those third parties. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third party products should be directed to the third party.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, contractors, licensors, and Service and content providers (hereinafter known as the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of (1) use of the Services; (2) breach of these Terms of Service; (3) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service; (4) your violation of the rights of a third party, including by not limited to intellectual property rights; or (5) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Services with whom you connected via the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defence of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
You also agree to indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from this Site.
We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for (1) loss of income or revenue, (2) loss of business, (3) loss of profits or contracts, (4) loss of anticipated savings, (5) loss of data, (6) loss of goodwill, (7) wasted management or office time.
The Services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Services and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Services’ content or the content of any websites or mobile applications linked to the Services and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Services, (3) any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Services, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Services by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
We make no representations that the products available through this Site will be available or appropriate in every jurisdiction in which this Site may be accessed. To the best of our knowledge, this Site operates legally under the law of the Netherlands; however, it is impossible for us to be aware of the laws and regulations of all local jurisdictions. We aren’t responsible for any potential legal matters that may arise due to such local regulations.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our Site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this Site or in respect to the Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove all or part of the Services at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services.